DataThe datasets are available as open data and are thus free for everyone to download and use. See the about page for more information on how we retrieved the data.
The data was last updated on 2019/11/08.
You can download and explore the datasets at our data portal https://data.openstate.eu/dataset/open-multilaterals, or click the links below:
- UN (CSV) [contains data from 2010 - 2018; original source in PDFs of Annual Statistical Reports on United Nations Procurement and in XLSX since 2018 at the bottom of this page; contracts are only published if they are above $30,000]
- NATO (CSV) [contains data from January 2008 - september 2019; original source in PDFs; contracts are only published if they are above €75,200-€720,000 depending on the period]
- World Bank corporate procurement contract awards (CSV) [contains data from 2014 - 2019/10/08; original source available as machine readable open data (CSV, JSON, API)]
- World Bank major contract awards (CSV) [contains data from 2000 - 2019/08/19; original source available as machine readable open data (CSV, JSON, API)]
Description of fields
Fields available in all four datasets
- year: The year in which the contract/order was awarded
- vendor_country: The country where the vendor organization is located
- vendor_name: The name of the vendor organization
- amount: The amount in dollars awarded for the contract/order; NATO values were in euros so they have been converted to dollars using these exchange rates (Set 'Transformation' to 'Annual Frequency' to get the annual averages)
- description: Description of the contract/order
All datasets have other fields available as well, but they are often specific to each dataset. Regarding the World Bank data: we combined both the corporate procurement contract award and major contract awards data in the chart and table at the home page of this website. Some of the columns are unique to each dataset and are thus empty in the table. Award Date, Commodity Category, WBG Organization, Selection Number, Fund Source, VPU description, Contract Award Type are unique to the corporate procurement contract awards dataset. The field Supplier Country Code is common to both. The rest of the fields are unique to the major contract awards dataset.